Vermont Castings Defiant Wood Stove
- The Defiant provides more than heat: it’s a skillfully crafted, timeless piece of American history. In fact, the last original Defiant Parlor Stove is located in the Smithsonian’s National History collection. Named over 40 years ago to “defy the wintery blast,” today’s Defiant does that and more.
Everything is designed with convenience in mind. You can:
- Easily load wood from the top, minimizing effort and keeping smoke and embers contained.
- Cleanly remove ashes, even when the stove is hot, with the exclusive swing-out ash pan and handled cover.
- Enjoy longer burn times with more even heat with thermostatically controlled combustion.
- Perfect for mid-sized and larger rooms.
|Peak BTU/hr Output2:||56,000|
|Heating Capacity3:||1,300 – 2,800 sq ft|
|Maximum Burn Time4:||14 hrs|
|Firebox Capacity:||3.2 cu ft|
|Recommended Log Length:||20″|
|Efficiency5:||LHV 84%, HHV 78%|
1 Appliance Depth includes entire unit including depth of firebox and extension onto hearth.
2 BTU: 1st hour output uses high burn efficiency number. BTU will vary depending on the type of fuel used and moisture content of the fuel.
3 This is a general guide, see your local dealer for help in determining the product that best suits your heating needs based on climate, home efficiency, location of the heater, and air movement in the room.
4 Actual burn times will vary based on how the appliance is operated, load size, moisture content and type of wood used.
5 Weighted average LHV (Low Heating Value) & HHV (High Heating Value) efficiencies using data collected during EPA emissions test. HHV efficiency over 75% qualifies for the 2021-2023 Federal Tax Credit.
Heat output will vary depending on the type of fuel used. The flame and ember appearance may vary based on the type of fuel burned and the venting configuration used. Actual product appearance, including flame may differ from image shown. Refer to the owner’s manual for complete clearance requirements and specifications. Product specifications and pricing subject to change without notice. For testing and listing information please refer to the owner’s/installation manual.
*For select products: Heating capacity to be used as a guide only. See your local dealer for help in determining the product that best suits your heating needs based on climate and home efficiency.
†For wood-burning appliances: Actual burn times will vary based on how the appliance is operated, load size, moisture content and type of wood used, and installation.